How do I know the LSI/IH Portsmouth Pre-Sessional Course is right for me?
Not sure you can join the LSI/IH Portsmouth Pre-Sessional course? Check the requirements below or contact us, we will be happy to help! Get in touch!
Did you know?
✅ You can now take our Pre-Sessional Course online.
✅ This can be taken from the comfort of your home!
You can apply for our Pre-Sessional programmes if:
✅ You are over 18 years of age
✅ You have an offer from one of our partners:
- The University of Portsmouth
- ICP – International College Portsmouth (part of the Navitas group)
- The University of Chichester
- Kingston University
- Bangor University
- The University of South Wales
- City of Glasgow College
✅ Your offer letter is for one of the following programmes:
- Foundation Programme
- International year one
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pre-Master’s programme
- Master’s degree
- Research degree
✅ English Qualifications we accept for our Pre-sessional course:
- UKVI or Non-UKVI IELTS taken from an approved test center
- Pearson English test
- IELTS Indicator
- TOEFL iBT
For a list of approved Secure English Language Tests and test centres, please click here
Before making an application, please read our Terms and Conditions carefully.
Visas requirements for the University Preparation Course
- For Pre-Sessional courses, unless you are exempt, you will require a valid visa. To find out if you will need a visa for your course, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
- If required, you must apply for a visa at your local UK Embassy visa office in your home country. Student Visas will either be sponsored by LSI / IH Portsmouth or by your university.
- Student visas sponsored by LSI / IH Portsmouth will cover your Pre-Sessional course only and you will need to return home at the end of the Pre-Sessional course in order to apply for a visa to cover your degree programme.
- If you are on an 11, 7 or 4 week course and have an offer for the University of Portsmouth, you may apply for a Student Visa which is sponsored by the University of Portsmouth. This covers both your Pre- Sessional course and your degree programme. In this case, you do not need to return home to renew your visa at the end of your Pre-sessional course.
All students applying for a Student Visa will need a CAS Number (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies Number). If you are applying for a visa which covers your Pre-Sessional and your degree programme, you will get this number from your university. If you are applying for a visa which covers the LSI / IH Pre-Sessional only, you will receive your CAS number from LSI / IH Portsmouth. In order to get a CAS number, you will need to send the following:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your current Secure English Language Test (SELT) certificate
- A copy of your university offer letter
- Proof of payment of the tuition fees for your course
- The completed Immigration Questionnaire from the LSI / IH Portsmouth Admissions team
If you have any questions regarding visas, please contact us at email@example.com.
Language Level Requirements
The levels required for each course are as follows:
|Level required in offer letter||Course length||IELTS required to start the course|
|6.5 with nothing less than 6.0||20 weeks||4.5 with nothing less than 4.0|
|16 weeks||5.0 with nothing less than 4.5|
|11 weeks||5.5 with nothing less than 5.0|
|7 weeks||6.0 with nothing less than 5.5|
|6.0 with nothing less than 5.5||20 weeks||4.0 with nothing less than 3.5|
|16 weeks||4.5 with nothing less than 4.0|
|11 weeks||5.0 with nothing less than 4.5|
|7 weeks||5.5 with nothing less than 5.0|
|5.5 with nothing less than 5.5||20 weeks||4.0 with nothing less than 3.5|
|16 weeks||4.0 with nothing less than 4.0|
|11 weeks||4.5 with nothing less than 4.5|
|7 weeks||5.0 with nothing less than 5.0|
|Unconditional||4 weeks||No further level requirement|
In some exceptional circumstances, students with uneven profiles which do not meet standard entry requirements may be accepted. Admission under these circumstances is entirely at the discretion of LSI/IH Portsmouth.