Message from the Director of Studies for Pre-Sessional Courses
As you know, the world has changed very suddenly. Due to the spread of Coronavirus, travel has become much more difficult for many people and we are being encouraged by governments and health professionals to minimise social contact. Here at LSI Portsmouth, we take your health and safety very seriously. As a result, we have decided to move our Pre-Sessional courses online during this difficult time. This means that you have the opportunity to prepare for studying at university in the UK from the safety and comfort of your own home!
The Pre-Sessional online courses follow exactly the same scheme of work as the face to face course, so it uses the same materials, includes the same assessments and the same number of class contact hours. The only difference is that the classes are conducted online via Zoom (the teleconferencing app).
To study on this course, you will need the following:
- A PC, laptop or tablet with keyboard (not a smartphone, because you need a keyboard and a good size screen)
- A webcam with microphone if using a PC
- Microsoft Office and the ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- The Zoom app (you can also use it through your browser)
- A course book (please email the school for details)
- A reliable Internet connection
- A quiet room where you will not be disturbed
- The ability to attend every lesson (we have a 90% attendance policy – if you attend fewer than 90% of the lessons you cannot pass the course)
Please note that the lessons will take place from 09:00 – 15:45 Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 – 11:45 on Fridays. These times are in the UK, so please make sure you know what time this equates to in your country. There are no lessons at the weekend.
The first two days of your course will be Induction, and will acquaint you with the rules and other information relating to the course. There will also be some initial testing components.
Our Online Pre-Sessional courses are recognised by:
- The University of Portsmouth
- International College Portsmouth (ICP)
- Bangor University
- The University of South Wales
- Kingston University
- University of Chichester
If you would like to study at one of the above institutions, then please apply directly to that university.
If your chosen university gives you an offer, the offer will state what IELTS score you need to be accepted. If your IELTS score is lower than what you need, then you can do an online Pre-Sessional course with us INSTEAD OF getting the required IELTS score, and all of this online in your home!
Good luck everybody!
Director of Studies for Pre-Sessional Courses
Do you have questions about LSI Portsmouth’s Online Pre-sessional Courses?
Do you want to know more about our Pre-Sessional Course content?
Want to know more about us?