1. There are 3 railway stations (4 if you count Hilsea); Fratton, Portsmouth and Southsea, Portsmouth Harbour!
2. It has a low cost of living compared to other cities in the South.
3. It has great links to the Continent.
4. It has a fabulous cosmopolitan feel to it.
5. Portsmouth is very flat – perfect for cycling (which with the number of cars is a very sensible thing to do).
6. Within very easy reach of London.
7. The fantastic selection of restaurant – particularly down Albert road. Almost any type of food can be found in Portsmouth.
8. The 10th hole cakes (A tea room). These have to be seen to be believed, the quality is stupendous, the variety extraordinary and always mouthwatering!
9. It’s a smaller city, so easier to get around.
10. You can jog by the sea.
11. The Pubs!
12. The Historic Dockyard museum – “one of the best I’ve ever been to!”
13. No: 6 Cinema – an art cinema which shows a huge variety of films you never get to see in the multiplex.
14. Pie and Vinyl. A fabulous shop where you can buy a massive variety of records or have one of their delicious lip licking pies, with mash and mushy peas.
15. Gunwharf shopping centre and nightlife.