Customised Group English Courses to suit all needs
LSI/IH Portsmouth offers courses that can be customised specifically to your needs, whether they be professional or academic. You can choose to be in closed groups all-day, or combine your tailored programme with one of our other programmes.
Here are some examples of programmes we have delivered:
• University Lecturers – General English in the morning working on overall English level in mixed nationality class of same level; Closed Group in the afternoon looking at lecturing skills in English; auditing lectures at nearby university.
• Academic Semester for University students – students spend 15 weeks at LSI/IH Portsmouth, with an IELTS test at the end. It is credit-bearing and enables them to meet the minimum English language requirement to go into their final year.
• French Business school students – 10 weeks of General English in the morning; Closed Groups in the afternoon focussing on Business English; final case-study and presentations are graded as part of their final degree result.
• Military English – General English in the morning; Closed Groups in the afternoons working on the language of logistics, engineering, etc.
• Automotive Industry – heads of department from the same company working in Closed Groups all day, looking at intercultural awareness and working in an international team